Thursday, March 19, 2009

Milo and company

Milo is our cat. Like most of his feline counterparts, he has a split personality.



















He can be completely psycho or he can be, well, asleep.



It took a while but I allowed my husband to talk me into getting another cat. My beloved Ruby cat was 18 when she died. (I don't have a picture in the right format to post.) I felt like I had lost a child and I harbored a bit of guilt about her last years. She was the product of my first marriage. She and Lucy the husky grew up together and loved each other. When I divorced, Lucy stayed with my ex and Ruby and I moved on. I decided to get another dog and found Sophie at the local shelter.





























Sophie loved Ruby and treated her older housemate with the respect she deserved. When her favorite playmate moved from the neighborhood, I decided to get another dog. Shortly after the decision was made, I was watching the noon news. A representative from the local animal shelter was on with two of the cutest, fluffiest puppies. When I heard they were Lhasa Apso mixes I called the shelter and was there before my "as seen on TV" dog arrived.




Ginger tortured poor Ruby from day one. She just wanted to play, but Ruby was having none of it. She spent the last few years of her life in her own "suite" (the three rooms in my home used for my studio.) Although her accommodations were nice, I feel guilty that she was so limited and didn't want to subject another cat to Ginger.





My new husband persisted and when a "free" (we all know -- there ain't no such thing as a free cat) cat was listed on his work bulletin board he sent me the picture and talked me in to going to visit this cat with the M on his forehead. Well, you know how that ended.











Milo, from the beginning, took no guff from the dogs and was, as all good cats are, in charge. I have no regrets and we all, well maybe except Ginger, love him.















So, that is the story of how Milo came to live with us. I take far too many pictures of him playing, sleeping and being squeezed by the boys.




He has also inspired the name for a line of quilted bags a friend and I are making -- MiloSez. This is the label we are using.




And here is one of the bags:



I don't find enough time to make many but MiloSez he enjoys having is face out in the world.

He is currently enjoying a siesta on his favorite chair on our front porch. I think I'll join him.

2 comments:

tut-tut said...

Awesome blogging skills!

Squirrel said...

hello Milo & Co. !