Thursday, April 2, 2009

More Family Fiber Artists and of Course, More Milo



I was perched in (on?) my favorite rocking chair (it was my paternal grandmothers), knitting a sock when I realized that I left out a very important family fiber artist -- my dad. I had my feet on a foot stool that was once a chair, an old chair, that my dad got at an antique store. He sawed off the top and wove this lovely bottom. Strictly self-taught, dad has done dozens of these and the chair I photographed Thomas playing in while at my parents a few weeks ago. I should really get dad to show me how to do these (again) and tell me (again) why he started doing them in the first place. It hurts his hands to do them now so they are a treasure to those of us who have them.



I love this picture of the boys and my dad does too. My parents waited a long time for grandchildren!



Milo is also appreciative of fibers for a very different reason. I have been re-arranging the kitchen and he explored the microwave cart cubby that used to hold his treats. He sleeps on the table, why not the place mats? Ginger is hoping Milo will find the treats and knock them to the floor as he has done in the past.



This is Ginger. We often call her a helper dog as she will follow you any where and help you with anything. I swear, I was using a miter box to cut molding and she put her paw on my hand and helped me saw -- swear!


Here she is helping me wind balls of yarn.

It is hard to take pictures with her around. So very helpful.



Had a child home sick today and when he was feeling better he decided to play with Milo some. A little action on the stairs...



...and...

wait for it.....

wait for it....




Ah, there he is --



...psycho kitty.

1 comment:

tut-tut said...

blogger not cooperating; see only half the photos. will return. maybe it's the weather.